Special Issue: Engineering Microbiomes for Biodesign Applications
BioDesign Research, a Science Partner Journal, is now considering submissions for a special issue: Engineering Microbiomes for Biodesign Applications.
Engineering microbiomes is becoming an emerging topic as efforts to rationally design a consortium of organisms have succeeded with a variety of synthetic biology tools available to researchers. This special issue’s goal is to provide a snapshot of the rapidly evolving field of microbiome engineering. The challenges and opportunities discussed in this issue will guide the thriving research community to a bright future with a huge number of potential applications. Both research and review articles will be considered. Both basic and application-focused research are welcome, and the following applications are encouraged:
- Engineering probiotics, phages, and microbes
- Disease detection, prevention, and treatment
- Bioproduction of pharmaceuticals, biomaterials, inorganic materials, biofuels, and biochemicals
- Biosensing and actuation
- Bioremediation, carbon sequestration, and waste valorization, including plastic upcycling and utilization of lignocellulose and wastes from municipal, agricultural, and industrial sources
- Biological computation, gene circuits, and neural networks
- Biocontainment technologies
Special Issue Editor
March 31, 2022
Please indicate in your cover letter that your submission is intended for inclusion in the Engineering Microbiomes for Biodesign Applications special issue, ensuring to also address your letter to the attention of the Special Issue Editor (Tae Seok Moon). Authors wishing to submit a review are invited to first inquire with the Special Issue Editor (Tae Seok Moon, firstname.lastname@example.org).