Mission and Scope
The mission of Biomedical Engineering (BME) Frontiers is to serve the multidisciplinary community of biomedical engineering by publishing breakthrough research, reviews, and commentary of interest. The journal’s audience includes basic and applied researchers, engineers, and clinicians investigating pathogenic mechanisms of disease, as well as strategies for disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and assessment.
Appropriate research integrates physical, chemical, mathematical, or computational sciences with engineering principles to study biology and advance medicine and human health. Competitive studies apply innovative fundamental or translational concepts to develop devices, systems, processes, or methods.
The scope of BME Frontiers includes such topics as:
- Biomedical imaging and sensing
- Biomedical devices, biological signal processing, and biomedical AI
- Biomaterials, tissue engineering, and regenerative medicine
- Computational medicine, including systems physiology and bioinformatics
- Bio-Microtechnology and Bio-nanotechnology
- Neuro-engineering, such as neurorobotics and neuroelectronics
- Translational biomedical engineering, including surgical robotics, assistive devices and technologies, artificial tissues, joints and organs